At the core of the center lies the desire to apply research on motivation in learning into education and positively affect the educational experiences of students locally and beyond. Below, you will find a variety of resources designed to allow students, scholars, and the public to educate themselves and get involved with motivational research.
Pitt Labs within the Center
- Center for Urban Education
- Center on Race and Social Problems
- Developmental and Motivational Research Lab
- Learning Research and Development Center
- The SEED (Supporting Early Education and Development) Lab
Related Pitt Schools and Departments
- School of Education
- School of Social Work
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Psychology in Education
External Educational Resources
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) - One of the nation’s leading associations of researchers, whose members study all aspects of education, including curriculum design, classroom dynamics, teacher preparation and more.
- Education (Ed) Week - A leading media outlet providing education-focused news, reports, commentary and media.
- The National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) - A highly established national and international organization that advocates for diversity, inclusion and social justice in schools and other educational settings.
- New York Times Education Section – Education-centered news from one of the nation’s top newspapers.
- NPR Education Section – Education news from the National Public Radio.
- PAEYC - A nonprofit advocacy organization that offers news and resources related to early childhood learning.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education - A comprehensive resource that provides state information for parents, students, educators and administrators.
- United States Census Bureau: Education - Recent and historic data sets, publications and other research that explores income distribution, educational attainment, programmatic enrollment and other influential factors in the American school systems